My Dream Hometown
Apparently, making a “list” of qualities of your ideal man is a thing people do. I haven’t ever done it, and I’ve never had a discussion relating to it with anyone in real life, so maybe it only happens in romantic comedies. In any case, I had the idea to make a similar list but instead of pertaining to a significant other, it’s about my ideal neighborhood. Here we go:
- There’s a reasonable greenery to pavement ratio. Nice trees and stuff. On a related note, the sidewalk is NOT strewn with trash.
- I live at least a few blocks away from any schools (there is an elementary school right next door to me right now, which is a lot more annoying than it sounds).
- Within a five minute walk there is a place where I can get really good coffee–both brewed coffee and lattes–and a delicious and reasonably priced breakfast sandwich. Also reasonably near is great pizza, sandwiches, burritos, and a nice but relatively inexpensive bar.
- My close friends live near me. Now, I realize it isn’t the case for most people after college, but we are talking ideal here.
- The sidewalks are consistently wide enough for two people to pass and adequately shoveled in the winter.
- There is a good bookstore, with the kind of seating available that makes you want to hang around.
- Clothing and shoe shops that are easy to get to. (Really good ones, that carry stuff I’d want to wear.)
- People take good care of their facades and front lawns. And they all have front lawns.
That’s all I’ve got for now. There are probably other things that would qualify as well. Near public transit, for instance–it’s important right now, but might not be sometime in the future…
We’ll just have to see what happens. Mostly, what I’m saying is that I’m going to want a great breakfast sandwich tomorrow, and I’m not sure where to get one.
Posted on September 13, 2015, in Blog, Extras, Life and Style, Places and Travel and tagged ambience, breakfast, coffee, daydreaming, food, life, neighborhood, sandwich, wishlist. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.